WE PROUDLY HIDE THE FACES OF OUR EMPLOYEES
- Lets call her Angelina, a 16 year-old teenager from Romania.
- She goes to Greece on a promise from her boyfriend that they will have a better life there.
- When they arrive in Athens, he takes her papers, he locks her in a room and starts trading her
- She is raped and gets pregnant from her tormentors
- She reaches out eventually to people that could help – they do and she is free after almost 7 years of imprisonment
- She is free…But, she doesn’t know how to take care of herself on her own
- How will she survive and provide for her unborn child? How will she stay off the streets?
ANGELINA SAID TO US THE OTHER DAY
- You have given me my life back
- I have dignity and respect for myself
- My child knows that his mother is a fashion tailor
- Now I know something to do when I leave from Greece so not to end up in the streets again
- She looked me in the eyes for the first time after more than 7 months that I know her
- She hasn’t seen her family for 10 years, she writes to them but she is still ashamed to go and meet them, she says she will one day
- She has a happy beautiful son around 3 years old, he plays with his toys as we talk, he is confident
ACT & Impact
SOFFA is confined to organic growth, we use our income from sales and parallel activities to increase our production capacity and integrate more beneficiaries. We mostly volunteer but our workforce of survivors and refugees needs to be paid while being trained and during the production stage until income is generated from the sales of their products.